Tooele Fire Department
  Site Map |  Contact Us |  Tooele City |  Member Login 

Candle Safety

The use of open-flame candles can add ambience to a holiday, provide warmth to a home and be a source of light during power outages. For these and other reasons, a great number of consumers are burning candles. The Tooele Fire Department would like to remind consumers that the improper use of candles can result in catastrophe. To avoid the dangers of fire while burning candles, please follow the safety tips listed below:

  • Never leave candles unattended
  • Keep all combustible materials away from open flames
  • Do not burn candles near windows or doorways
  • Place candles in glass or ceramic containers
  • Place candles on a flat, sturdy surface
  • Never leave candles burning when children or pets are present